10/24/10

Like a bird on the wire.


I've tried in my own way, to be free.


WARNING this is a pretty depressing blog, not like my usual self-loving posts. But I think this will have a happy ending, we shall see:

So, friends, I have to admit that despite my verbal swagger, and my seemingly bubbly tone I am a fucking hot mess as of late. I cry all the time, I fall asleep while I'm trying to finish homework, I yell, I scream, I basically have temper tantrums. It's honestly, pathetic. But something that my mama and something that I guess, I've even taught myself is- we all have days like this, and we all even have months, years, or weeks like this. But, we have to find a way to seek the help that we need.

I started seeing a psychologist for free at William Paterson. It's a pretty sweet deal, what's better than free mental health? Nothing! But, again, NOTHING comes for free. I cry way more than I want to, and sometimes reveal things about myself that I don't like, or would like to forget. But, how can we have physical health, and financial wealth, without having mental health? We truly can't. I can't be of mind, body, and soul--without a stable mind.

A few things that are proven to help increase your mood: Yoga, chocolate, wine, running, friends, family, reading, napping, psychology, psychedelic drugs (though I don't recommend that), tea, jumping rope, swimming, & exercise of any kind.

I have to increase my endorphins, I know that that might be a huge reason I've been so down--I haven't been hitting up the gym as I normally do.

The point of this post is for me to vent, but to also let you know that-

all those times you've been sad, I've been sad too.

All those times you've been lonely, I've been lonely too.

I love you all, let us all start learning how to love ourselves again.

Let us begin the week of RADICAL SELF LOVE. I'll see you there.

3 comments: