8/27/09

shit happens. fix it. (i did)

well, i hate to say it, but unfortunately this week i "fell off the horse" so to speak. with the ongoing pms and the menstrual cycle, i ate all healthy things, but i overate everything to the point of feeling nauseous every night. never a good way to feel, especially before bed, because then you wake up with that "why did i eat all the food?" feeling. today, however, i started my new job here in town, where i work from 10am to 5:30pm, which is a long day (especially to stand around on your feet), but it is a great new things for me because it does this: cuts out snack time!
for those of you who know me, you know this: i am quite the snacker. i'll eat snacks all day everyday if i allowed myself, (which i used to, and sometimes still do). so having a small breakfast of special k cereal with some soy milk, and then packing a small lunch cuts the calories i eat in a day practically in half. 
example: for lunch today i packed a Greek yogurt, 110 calories 0 fat, a juice box: 100% juice (for 100% kids) and only 90 calories, and then some cubed watermelon (i don't even bother counting the calories in such a watery fruit). so by the time 5:30 pm hit, with both breakfast and lunch included i only had about 350 calories. 
then i did a very courageous thing, after a long day of standing and being exhausted, i went to the gym. i do not know what possessed me, but i went, and i actually felt amazing afterwards! had a nice mexican meal for dinner with my man-love, and then saw a movie (inglorious basterds, you have to see it, it is amazing and worth the money!), and haven't snacked all day or all night. 
we all hit bumps in the road, no day will be perfect, no week will be perfect, we're lucky to get an hour of perfection every month. so, when you do over-eat, don't sweat it. just close your eyes, count to ten and there is always tomorrow. 

6 comments:

  1. aw babe, story of my life with the snacking thing! unfortunately, where I work, I want to snack on delicious bread w/ olive oil and cheeses...and artisanally-cured meat..haha. I love working at the restaurant, but boy is it tough NOT eating the wonderful food there.

    I do object, however politely, to you restricting your caloric intake so severely- especially in the morning when your body could use the most fuel. Don't consume anything less than 1200 calories a day. It will slow down your metabolism babygirl.

    I'm enjoying these days of freedom, and will embark on my own personal weight-loss journey starting Sept 1- the beginning of my favorite time ever...School!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i went from 160 to 145 this summer. I'm finding it so hard to keep it and I keep gaining more. I'm eating away my feelings what do I do about that?!

    When i go out all my friends are twigs and always pig out and its so hard for me to not ordeer something as well!

    The only thing that comforts me is chocolate. And i never have time for the gym because I baby sit and then go to work and after work go relax with my friends.

    Next blog on emotional eating advice perhaps? lol <3

    luvs you.

    [ and im starting a workout / diet plan sunday like you suggested ]

    ReplyDelete
  3. mari, you are absolutely right! i do not eat enough in the morning and i've realized that. today was a much bigger breakfast day for me and i'm working on it.

    and alisson, i'm gonna def. do an entry on emotional eating, i'll do it tomorrow.

    i'm so proud of both of you! oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like being name dropped in blogposts. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete