9/15/09

my 'thank you' to fruits & vegetables.


Boys and girls, today is a great day. I hardly ever weigh myself. I don't think that it is always condusive to someone trying to drop the pounds. But, today I weighed myself and I lost a total of 5 pounds in the past week and a half! And I have only 2 things to thank: Fruits & Vegetables! If it weren't for those banana's that I would eat with my morning breakfast, or the apple I would finish the day off with instead of dessert, or the broccoli I steamed and made a frittata with (recipe to come), or those delicious cherry tomatoes that I snack on- I wouldn't be 5 pounds minus Katie. 
Even though this is a victory for fruits & vegetables, it's also a victory for casual exercise. I used to be obsessed with going to the gym (I still go, and still love it) but, that's not always the best way to work out, at least for me. When I would be at the gym I would just count down until and hour and a half was over so I could get out of there. It would exhaust me and make me cranky and hungry. But, lately, I've been walking around the Oval in town, walking and running intermittently. And that has boosted my energy tenfold. I feel fabulous. Thank you all for your support. A recipe will be posted this week, and next week, on Sept. 23rd I'll be posting a picture of myself and the weight I lost since August 23rd.

Happy eating, happy living, happy walking.
(Happy life, happy wife)

2 comments: