11/26/11

To Meat or NOT to Meat


Yes, that is the best title I could think of for this. However, that is the question that has been on my mind the most lately. "Should I continue my carnivorous ways? Or go back to what I'm more comfortable with: pescetarianism." I was full on veg. for a while, and then I was pescetarian for a long, long, time, and even when I was a kid and ate meat, I never ate red meat. So this whole, me eating burgers at 11PM, hot dogs over an open fire, and roast beef sandwiches- it's really just not "me". Red meat is pretty bad for you. But, I'm not here to preach, eat what you want in small quantities.

I wish I was that girl that could scarf down a burger and fries, not gain a pound, and not experience a really awful stomach ache topped off with some guilt. After my late night burger experience last night, going to bed sick, and waking up even sicker, I decided to take a little break. UNTIL this morning when I had brunch and tried some of Andrews Chorizo. WHY CAN'T I STOP MYSELF?! I mean, one bite of Chorizo won't send me to bed with a tummy-ache, but, still. Get a GRIP, Katie! There must be some sort of addictive property to meat. All that vitamin B? The fat? I don't know, but all I know is I need a fucking break.

I find fish to be one of the best proteins, it's lean, it's delicious and it's really good for you. I'm pretty sensitive to animals, so I don't know why I am ignoring the needs of these sea-creatures. I'm a monster. Let's move on...

So, the answer to the question is: to eat FISH meat. We'll see how this goes, I hope I get some of my energy back and that my stomach thanks me.

No comments:

Post a Comment