10/28/11

Hip Hop Abs & A Good Attitude


Hi! It's been a long time since I've blogged, but, I promise it's because I'm way too busy to care about something that no one reads... Oh, I mean... school's been taking up too much of my time. Oh, um.. Really, all I do is hang out with my cat, Chilton. OK! Now that the truth is out, I want to let ya'll in on a secret called "Hip Hop Abs".

"Secret" being another word for "very popular workout video". Hip Hop Abs incorporates (you guessed it) Hip Hop Dance and a really intense ab work out. Katie Olson, my dearest, loveliest friend, and I purchased this set of DVD's and have been doing it together for 3 weeks now. We haven't been as consistent as we like (you know, life gets in the way and we're both really busy bees, bzzz). But, the 3 or more times a week that we DO get to dance our way to better abs together, we have a fuckin' blast, and we sweat a whole lot, too.

You start off your regimen of videos with the first DVD for the whole first week: Fat Burning Cardio or FBC for short. We decided to do it for 2 weeks to get our heart rates up even more. The video is fantastic. You're greeted by a very big, very handsome, man named Shaun T. He is your motivator and leader. He is awesome. He says things like, "you go, girl!" "get into those skinny jeans" "work it out" and most importantly "funk flavor justice". WHATEVER THAT MEANS, SHAUN T! The moves are not necessarily only for those who are rhythmically inclined- which I am not- but Katie O. is and she looks really cool doing all of the moves. I, on the other hand, look like a fish out of water, or something equally as spastic. But, I get the job done.

"Tilt, Tuck, Tighten" are the three words Shaun T swears will get you better abs, without ever having to lay on the floor to do crunches.

We just started DVD #2 Ab Sculpt, its less dance moves, more giant gallop-looking steps and arm motions- but you really feel it the next day. I'll have to give more details on that video as we go through it more this week.

We measured our waists and will report back with what inches have melted off of us. I personally see a difference and I definitely have more energy. This type of working out with a best bud is so much better than being in a humid room with a bunch of strangers mindlessly running on the treadmill (which, I still do...) It's seriously a blast.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment