3/14/10

Peanut Butter, Cause I'm not Butter


In fact I snap back like a rubber-band.


For those who don't know those were some very inspiring Method Man lyrics from the song: Method Man.
(I hope that only Method Man fans read this blog--if not--get the hell out of here). 

Anyway, last blog I promised you all a secret on weight loss, and here it is: CHEW YOUR FOOD!! I know most of you are thinking, "What the HELL Katie?? Worst advice ever", everyone chews their food!"

FALSE, BEST advice ever. Advice given to me, and advice I have taken to heart and have been practicing all week (yes, chewing takes practice). 

Now, some people say, "chew your food 20 times before swallowing". Now, for most of us this is impossible. I don't want to chew on my food until it because a gooey mess! Just chew an eat as slowly as possible, ENJOY every bite, and you will feel fuller faster and longer. This tip will not help everyone a lot of people do eat slowly and do chew their food properly. I was not one of those people. I like to inhale my food. Time to shut it down! Chew that food. It's delicious and it deserves your attention.

Now for something REALLY delicious:
Egg White Omelet 
Featuring, Broccoli, Fontina cheese, & tomato.

(can I get a what, what?)

Start with 3 egg whites, beat thoroughly (egg whites don't need much of a beating).

Grab some fresh broccoli, wash, and dry. Chop about 2 big pieces of broccoli into bite size chunks. (stem & all please).

Fontina cheese (mmm!) I bought mine already grated in the super market--you need about 1/2 an ounce.

Cherry tomatoes, I used 5, slice them in half (feel free to take out the seeds and the wetness, I personally like a wet omelet).

In a small bowl combine all ingredients (do not beat just gently combine--don't break those tomatoes!)

Heat a small frying pan (medium-low heat) spray a bit of PAM, and a bit of salt to your delicious mixture and pour onto pan.

Will cook in about 2 - 3 minutes, ingest, enjoy.

The reason I quoted Method Man is because I ate peanut butter for lunch all last week at work, that is going to change this week- I'm thinking tuna one day, and a tomato mozzarella situation another. Soup too? Who knows, I feel like cutting lose from my paper bag lunch and spicing it up a bit.

The weather brought me down this weekend, but I just have to try and snap out of it (like a rubber band, ya heard?) 
Going to the gym tomorrow morning, work til 3, and then I'm going to enjoy my Spring Break the best I can.

Happy Week to All! Will post again next Monday. Make this recipe, tell me what you think!!

All my love.  I'm rooting for you.

1 comment:

  1. I once counted my chews and I think it was 35 or 40. I'm a chewing fiend!

    ReplyDelete