3/2/10

"Radical Self Love"




During my winter depression, my winter slump, I thought I would never blog again. But here I am, and I'm ready to get it done, like you've never seen it "get done" before. March 1st, a new month, a new day, and the sun is shining, and I feel fine. Over this winter I discovered a lot about my eating habits--they can be super healthy, or they can take me down to rock bottom (if the bottom were chocolate covered cherries and mozzarella cheese fries). Last night, Tori sent me to this article.  I read it, at first half-heartedly, and then I cried.  I felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders.


Someone, other than my sub-conscience was telling me: LOVE YOURSELF, don't watch yourself starve. I felt (and feel) awakened, recharged and ready to take on anything! I printed out the article and taped it to my wall where I used to have pictures of young women working out--for motivation. This article was the motivation I really needed. Yes, I still want to lose some of this weight, yes I still want to live my life as healthfully as possible, and yes, there will be days when I look in the mirror and don't love what I see. But those days, I promise myself & the people who love me most, will be less often, and eventually--not ever happen. 


I want to take this journey with you, e-mail me your private questions of weight loss, and self love. Ask me to make you specific recipes (I have one for a delicious chocolate cake--using prunes and sour cream--yes!), I am willing to be your confidant, this blog is not just my journey--it is yours as well. Tell me your tales, and I will tell you mine. I am going to set more realistic goals for myself, as Tori stated in her blog "so you can feel the fruits of your labor". And she couldn't be more right. I want to feel proud of myself, of my work ethic, of my body. I will still take an update picture on the 23rd of each month. But more than just a picture I will update on how I FEEL. This isn't all about looks--I need to remind myself of that sometimes.

To quote the wonderful Gala, "ready to take a little trip down TRULY radical self love lane? I am...take my hand. Let's do it."

2 comments:

  1. <3 <3 you already know this, but i think you are fabulous! and healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dr. Katie

    I have a question about Self Love. My problem is that I love myself a lot but I kinda love you MORE. What is there to do about that? Should I come home to NJ? I'm conflicted.

    Yours,
    H

    ReplyDelete