4/29/10

And so it grows...


A month ago I decided it was time for a change. So I cut my (very long, very beautiful, very luscious) hair. 7 inches, to be precise. I think that was too much of a shock to my system. I fell into a very weird, Samson-like depression. I was happy to donate it-of course-but I missed running my fingers through it, twirling it around my chin and looking like Abraham Lincoln. Oh, hair. How fun you were. So then, after the cut, as if I wasn't traumatized enough, I decided to go redder and darker in color. I messed that up, and had to have my mommy fix it (don't they just fix everything?) 

The first picture is where my hair was a month ago, the second (very Myspace-looking picture) is where my hair is today. 2.5 inches longer. And, this is the first time in 3 weeks that I've worn my hair down for the WHOLE day. I ain't scared! 

I know what you're thinking: wow, Katie. What a shallow, pointless blog-post. Wrong! The point of this is not about my superficial obsession with my own hair. But its about moving past things in life. Whether it be a weight loss challenge, a poor grade in school, an extreme hair cut, a divorce, a break up, a loss of a loved one--these are all things we can get through. Just look at yourself baby, we were built for this! We were built to bounce back from difficult things. (Not that my hair cut was that difficult, ya'll hear what I'm saying right?)

So, whatever you are going through right now. Be it big, or small, you will get through it. And when your day seems like it will never end, or if it ends on a bad note- here's my remedy: watch a couple episodes of Arrested Development, have a big bowl of fruit loops with soy milk, and a sliced banana, lay in your bed, and work it out.

This is life. This is your life. Be proud of yourself, I'm proud of you!


And so it goes...
And so it grows...

2 comments:

  1. wow katie, what a shallow pointless blog entry.

    (jayks.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew SOMEONE would think that--left that to you, Hgoody.

    ReplyDelete