4/9/10

Breakfast treats.


You know your mama's got the hook up. Here we have what I had for breakfast today, a toasted english muffin, one tablespoon of peanut butter, and 1/2 a banana sliced. (Caloric total of 275) I, of course, did not take this picture. If I took a picture of my english muffin you would not want to eat it. 

Though, it is one of the messiest treats, peanut butter and I have had a long term love affair. From when I was 5 years old and I would put PB on a spoon and lick it like a lollipop, to when I was 12 and I watched the movie, Parent Trap (with Lindsay Lohan x 2) and I learned how to dip Oreo's in PB, and then again when I was depressed in Alfred University, and would eat sleeves of Oreo's and tub, after tub, of PB. Its been a long and painful journey for the two of us, but through it all, PB has taught me something: everything is good for you in moderation.

A serving size of peanut butter is 2 tbsp, about the size of a golf ball. But it packs about 190 calories, and about 8 grams of fat per serving! That's not for this girl. But PB also has tons of benefits--protein (for those of us who don't get our protein from Animals, this is very important), and the fat, though plentiful, is the "good" kind of fat. The kind we need for our bodies and brains to work! (Work it). 

Another breakfast treat involving a PB is an old classic: Apples with peanut butter. What I like to do is toast 1 slice of whole wheat bread, spread 1 tbsp (1/2 serving) of PB drizzle about 1/2 tablespoon of Honey, and slice up an apple and place it on top. DELICIOUS! NUTRITIOUS! What else could you want?

This has been a great PB week, and a great week overall! A woman I work with asked me if I've lost some more weight, and I have! About 3 pounds so far this month! My work out activities this week have been fabulous, the weather has helped me so much. Monday I ran 5 miles outside, Tuesday I did a nice long Yoga session with my great friend Joey Sbarro, Wednesday I took a 2 hour walk, Thursday I was too sore to function, and today I'm hittin that gym hard and going for a swim!

Have you all been enjoying this weather? I hope it helps you get back on your feet after this winter slump. Tonight I will be enjoying myself in the city making pizza with good friends and having a good time. Isn't life grand?

By the way, has anyone seen this video? The girl is uglier then sin, the video is horrendous, but the song is addicting.
(Remember the girl band 3Lw? And the Cheetah Girls?  She was in both of those bands..glad to see her career has blossomed).

No comments:

Post a Comment