4/18/10

Poached Eggs.



This post it to pay my respects to poached eggs. I've never poached one before this week, and now I'm a poaching-fiend. I tell all about my eggs to anyone who will listen, and now I'm telling about my poached egg ventures to you!

First poached egg: Saturday 4/17, for breakfast. I had to google "how to poach the perfect egg", even though I've seen my grandma poach an egg, and I've seen it on "Cook Yourself Thin", I needed my computer next to me for moral support.

First, boil water, add a bit of salt. When the water reaches a boil add a little bit of white vinegar (this is not necessary but I think it's part of the reason my eggs came out so good). After you add the vinegar, turn the heat down to medium, and start stirring the pot with big fast stirs--to help cool down the water and also to add a whirpool effect. Crack your egg gently and let it drop into the center of the whirpool. Cook for 2 minutes, some recipes I've read say cook 3, or cook 1. I found 2 to be perfect.

On top of half a whole wheat english muffin I placed the egg, sprinkled some salt and that was that. Not the most exciting way to enjoy a poached egg, but so delicious.

Second poached egg, today 4/18, lunch time. I poached the egg, while the egg was cooking I toasted 1/2 a 90 calorie roll (Deli rolls-Pepperidge Farm--amazing), on top of that was some cheese-melting away. I sliced up a tomato and took 2 slices avocado and added some oregano. Placed those veggies (or fruits? who the fuck knows), on top of my cheesy bread-half, and on top of that my poached egg. Sprinkled a bit more oregano and some sea salt--HOLLA.

These past two days have been delicious, full of protein, and delightful. But I think I'll take an egg break--at least until Tuesday. Making some fresh pasta and sauce tonight with Andrew. In the above picture he had just finished doing a whole lot of heroin--we kid. We were working out!

Tomorrow is the beginning of my work/school week. Gym at 7AM, work til 3PM, and I ain't mad at it. I'm looking forward to a filled day and then to cleaning out/off my car in the afternoon. Hopefully the sun will be shining--unlike today. It was chilly! But I see the sun now.

Hope you all had a good weekend, I won't post again until the 23rd for my body update blog! Get excited, I think it'll be a good one.

4 comments:

  1. you failed to mention what kind of cheese was on top...THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what I loved most about this entry, is andrew creepin in the back of that picture.

    and im obviously going to attempt to poach an egg this week, you'll know when b/c i'll be texting you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have become a blogging/poaching machine. i like the new you.

    ReplyDelete